Sisterhood of Stepmoms is a non-denominational ministry for any woman dating, engaged, or married to a man with children. Our goal is to reach out to women and provide help, healing and hope in the stepmom journey.
How did the SOS start?
In the fall of 2013 Laura organized a group of stepmoms who had a heart and/or outreach to other stepmoms. They hosted a Fri night-Sunday morn retreat in Dallas, TX. 65 ladies attended, and we were BLOWN away by their needs, excitement and hunger for more. Many of the attendees were in troubled marriages and several women shared how discouraged and lonely they felt.
Seeing the huge need for more help we prayed about whether we should take a leap of faith and start a ministry for stepmoms. We decided to commit our time, finances, gifts, and skills to form a non-profit corporation called The Sisterhood of Stepmoms.
Our goal is to:
- Provide information on what’s “normal” in stepfamily living
- Create a safe atmosphere where stepmoms can be themselves
- Connect stepmoms with each other to ease loneliness and isolation
- Prepare stepmoms for stepchildren who may reject them
- Encourage stepmoms on how to co-parent with their husband
- Instruct stepmoms on how to “step back” when necessary
- Coach stepmoms with tips on dealing with a former spouse
- Offer help when her husband is parenting out of guilt and fear
- Pray for stepmoms who are struggling
- Educate the church on the unique complexities in stepfamilies
- Explain how much God faithfully loves stepfamilies
“Laura’s Smart Stepmom workshop provides practical guidance, a good dose of encouragement, and fellowship with sister stepmoms. I highly recommend this event.”
Ron Deal, The Smart Stepfamily
Do you want to invest in a ministry that strives to bring hope, help and healing to stepmoms? Please prayerfully consider making a tax deductible donation to Sisterhood of Stepmoms. Your investment will not only help stepmoms but it will also bless husbands, stepchildren and the family unit as a whole.
Would you like to partner with us?